PARABAT VETERANS ORGANISATION NPC
The Parabat Veterans Organisation NPC, registration No – 2015/256965/08 is registered as a not-for-profit company (old section 21 company).
The Parabat Veterans Organisation NPC is approved and registered by SARS as a Public Benefit organisation registration No – 930052421
1. MAIN OBJECTS (MOI)
The Company’s objectives :
1. Community development for poor and needy persons and anti-poverty initiatives, including:
2. The promotion of community-based projects relating to self-help, empowerment, capacity building, skills development or anti-poverty;
3. The provision of training, support or assistance to community-based projects contemplated above;
4. Training for unemployed persons with the purpose of enabling them to obtain employment; and
5. Educational enrichment, academic support, supplementary tuition or outreach programs for the poor and needy.
6. To establish an Enablement Fund for the use of Parabat veterans and their next of kin. Out of this fund, payments will be made to assist such veterans and their families financially.
7. To organize social functions/events/projects and receive donations thereby raising funds for the Enablement Fund, and which will strengthen the bonds of friendship, camaraderie
As stated in the preamble, the NPC is applying for 18(A) certification (donations tax). The reason for this is that any funds collected or donated for the enablement fund or other approved projects, will allow donors to benefit by deducting any donations from their tax payments.
To keep the incoming funds separate from the outgoing, and to ensure all is above board, the Enablement Fund will be governed within the NPC separately under a board committee, and audited annually.
The NPC is run by a board of directors as prescribed in its MOI
2. BOARD COMMITTEES (MANAGEMENT) AND CHAIRMAN
1. Finance, Governance and audit committee
Chairman – Ken Viljoen
2. Enablement fund & vetting committee
Chairman – Willoughby Brits
3. Projects and Fund Raising Committee
Chairman – Johann Strauss
4. Communications & social media committee
Chairman – Mike Mc Williams
5. SANDF liaison committee
BOARD COMMITTEES FOR NPC & PTY
FINANCE, GOVERNANCE AND AUDIT COMMITTEE
|The Finance, Governance and Audit committee, which consists of directors, communicates to deal with issues relating to risk management and internal control, including corporate governance, internal and external audit, accounting policies and financial reporting. Ken||Viljoen||Chairman|